Tips on how to search the Mighty Men of Mymms site
Drilling down for better results
- Type a term in the search box at the top right of any page then click 'Search'
- A list of articles that contain the term will appear
- Click on the headline in the list to reveal the entire piece
- Click on the PDF embedded in the page, or, alternatively use the 'pop-out' button (see image below) at the top right of the PDF to view the document in full-screen
- Use the command or control button (see images below) on your keyboard together with the 'F' key to open another search box above the item you are viewing
- Type the term you are searching in this new box and press return
- All instances of that term will then be colour highlighted
- Scroll the document looking for the highlighted words in order to see the context in which the term has been used.
Military terminology search
A list of military terms has been added to the right hand column of this site. Each entry has had tags added listing the regiment, battalion, and rank of each man, along with details of any medals bestowed. These tags can be clicked to reveal the relevant entry.